marți, ianuarie 20, 2009

Vampires...


Melodia mea. Vampires. Godsmack.

{Few creatures of the night have captured our imagination like vampires...
What explains our enduring fascination with vampires?
What is it about the vampire myth that explains our interest?
Is it the overtones of sexual lust, power, control...
Or is it a fascination with the immortality of the undead?
And what dark and hidden parts of our psyche are aroused and captivated
"By the legends of the undead"}


Fear not my sweet...

"My lips are moist and yielding, and I know the way
To keep the antique demon of remorse at bay.
All sorrows die upon my bosom. I can make
Old men laugh happily as children for my sake.
For him who sees me naked in my tresses, I
Replace the sun, the moon, and all the stars of the sky!
Believe me, learned sir, I am so deeply skilled
That when I wind a lover in my soft arms, and yield
My breasts like two ripe fruits for his devouring-both
Shy and voluptuous, insatiable and loath-
Upon his bed that groans and sighs luxuriously
Even the impotent angels would be damned for me!"
~ Charles Baudelaire: "Metamorphoses of the Vampire"(1857)

[...]
I made a garland for her head,
And bracelets too, and fragrant zone;
She look'd at me as she did love,
And made sweet moan.
[...]
"She found me roots of relish sweet,
And honey wild and manna-dew;
And sure in language strange she said,
'I love thee true.'
[...]
~John Keats : La Belle Dame Sans Merci (1820)

"
Lover, fairy-light,
Yet stronger than the steel of swords;
Mind to mind and soul to soul,
Heart to heart together bound.
Bound together, yet as free
As eagles dancing on the wind;
And thus I hope it well may be
For us,
for all eternity. "
~ Evaonne F. Hendricks

Niciun comentariu: